Saturday, July 30, 2016

Welcome!

Welcome to Education Resources DFW! I started this blog as a resource for families in the Dallas / Fort Worth who are looking for alternative ideas to public schooling.

Not only do I list a ton of resources on the "Database of Resources" tab, I'm also here as a resource to support you on your family's educational journey. 

A public school teacher turned homeschooling mom and advocate - that's me. 

I was a public school teacher. My kids were in the public school. I could not have imagined the freedom and flexibility we found in homeschooling! My only regret is that we didn't homeschool from the start.

It might help to read about our family's educational journey on the "My Story" section of this blog.

My Calling is To:

  • Help guide and educate families on the wealth of educational opportunities (other than public school) that are out there, specifically in the Dallas / Fort Worth area and specifically about homeschooling.
  • To share what I've learned over the years from both being in the public school and now having been a home educator for 4+ years.
  • Share my story with as many families as I can. I tolerated and even worked in a broken system for years in hopes of change. I finally came to the realization that the system will not change but families can.

You have a choice in your child's education. Don't just accept the notion that public school is all there is.

There's a whole host of support and resources out there awaiting you and your family! And, I hope I am one of them.

It's time to take back the education of our children!


Email me, leave a comment, let me know if I can help direct your family to the education option that works best for you. 

If you have additional resources you'd like to see added to the database list, please contact me.

Here's to a new direction in education for your children!

-Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment