Thursday, June 9, 2016

Celebrate 'Leeper Day'

Celebrate Leeper Day? When I saw this heading on a Facebook post, I thought to myself, "What in the world is Leeper Day and why should I be celebrating it?" Well, it only took me a couple minutes (and a couple clicks) to find out why!


June 9, 1994 - In the Leeper v. Arlington ISD court case, the Texas Supreme Court legalized homeschooling in the state of Texas!


Wow! Who knew that a court case from 1994 that I knew nothing about would have such an impact on my family today?

June 9th is a Day to Celebrate:

  • The freedom to educate at home without testing, age requirements, registering or compulsory attendance.

  • Choice in curriculum - choose what works best for you, your children and your family.

  • The flexibility to set your own "school" calendar.

  • The relationships we're building with our children through homeschooling.

  • The families that have gone before us to pave the way to make homeschooling possible and to remember the adversities and trials they had to overcome.

  • So we never take granted the freedom we have in the Lone Star State to home educate (hey, that rhymes!)

To all the homeschool families who have paved the way for us, I'd like to THANK YOU! We will be celebrating and remembering you today - June 9th.

Happy Homeschooling,
-Christi 










    No comments:

    Post a Comment